“Happy people plan actions, they don’t plan results.”
- Interesting article about the slight uptick in riskier mortgages with a lot of dialogs back and forth about why this is a problem and why it isn’t. We suggest you establish or strengthen your relationship with at least two good lenders. Have them talk to your buyer prospects and clearly and completely explain their options. This has the benefit of relieving you from having to explain everything.
- Cool interactive map showing prices and changes in prices across the country. Its a little dated but very interesting in how they present the data.
- Article on Rental prices and vacancy rates use it with your investor clients. Mail it to your Absentee owner list (especially if your city is on the list.) Very interesting to note to your potential buyers who are renting now: if they pay $1500 a month in rent currently and rents rise a modest 3% a year for ten years their rent will be $2015 whereas they can lock in their monthly payments now and build equity by buying a home. After 30 year of 3% increases their rent would be over $3600 a month and they have lost the opportunity to own a home free and clear!
- 2016 was the best year for a number of homes sales in a decade. The article also quotes some things you might want to share with your buyers.
- Best time and day to list a home is … according to Zillow. Use this with your sellers who are “waiting” until Spring to List. Also apparently Saturday is a good day to list.
Mind Hack of the Week
5 Questions to ask yourself when you’re at the border:
Here are the 5 questions from ancient wisdom that will make you emotionally strong:
- “Is it useful?”: Most worrying isn’t. Make a decision to do something or to let it go. Take a small sweet step or give yourself permission to let it go.
- “Does the world owe me this?”: No. Don’t be entitled. Have realistic expectations and you won’t get angry. Physical reality uses energy!
- “Must I have this to live a happy life?”: Probably not. It takes little to make a happy life and there are many ways to get those things. Look See tell the truth.
- “Is this who I want to be?”: Act the way you do when you’re at your best. Life off your Standards of Integrity card.
- “Have I ever felt that way?”: Respond to others’ problems with compassion and you’ll both have fewer problems. Great way to see through the green lens.
The most important part of emotional strength is not calming your mind. It’s being resilient. It’s trying again after you’ve been shaken by negative feelings.
In Other News…
In 20 of the 25 metro areas studied, homes listed anywhere between May 1 and May 15 sold nine days faster and for up to 1 percent more than the asking price.
“With 3 percent fewer homes on the market than last year, 2017 is shaping up to be another competitive buying season,” said Zillow Chief Economist Dr. Svenja Gudell in a statement.
“Many [home buyers] who started looking for homes in the early spring will still be searching for their dream home months later. By May, some buyers may be anxious to get settled into a new home — and will be more willing to pay a premium to close the deal.”
•Mark your calendar for a Saturday in May•
Moreover, Zillow’s research revealed the best day to place a home on the market is Saturday — listings that appear on Zillow’s site on this day garner 20 percent more views than early-in-the-week listings.
The second best day to list is Friday, when properties receive 14 percent more views.
App of the week:
Actions are being done!
International Coach Federation • Certified ACC